Just dickin’ around.
1. There are three different classifications of erections that men can receive.
Reflexogenic (erections resulting from actual contact), psychogenic (erections resulting from a fantasy), and nocturnal (erections that occur during the night). So many ways to get a boner!
2. And there are three primary erection shapes you can encounter in the wild.
The “straight one” (a straight erection), the “Eiffel Tower” (an erection with a wider shaft at the base than the top), and the “baseball bat” (an erection where the base is narrower than at the tip). WHAT SHAPE CHOSE YOU?
3. To get hard, the penis needs about 130 ml of blood.
That’s almost four-and-a-half ounces for you Americans.
4. The average length of an erect penis is five to six-and-a-half inches.
The average circumference of man’s erection is four to five inches.
5. The largest erect penis on record is 13.5 inches looooooong.
This monster belongs to a New Yorker named Jonah Flacon. Because his Flacon is 9.5 inches when flaccid, he’s been frisked by airport security thinking his penis was a weapon.
6. The smell of doughnuts have been found toincrease penile blood flow.
Ever had a boner in the bakery section at your grocery store? WELL YOU’RE NOT ALONE! Experimenters at Chicago’s Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation discovered the smell of doughnuts increases the blood flow to the penis by 13%.
7. Most men have around 11 erections during the day.
More or less, depending if you’re bored at home or not.
8. On top of the day erections, most men have three to five erections that happen during the night.
They usually last for about 25 to 35 minutes each.
9. In the last trimester of pregnancy, boy fetuses can (and probably will) produce erections.
As early as 16 weeks, fetal erection has been viewed with an ultrasound.
10. You can fracture an erection during sex.
Although penile fracture usually occurs during vigorous intercourse, it’s also related to aggressive masturbation and rolling over or falling on to an erection. You can avoid fracturing a boner by not bending it too far at the base.
BE SAFE WITH YOUR BONERS.
11. Along with being the most venomous spider in the world, the venom found in the Brazilian wandering spider can cause a “persistent and usually painful erection” in men.
12. Death by hanging often causes a partial erection.
Also known as “angel lust.”
13. Squirrel monkeys will “gesture” their erections to threaten predators.
Or to warn of approaching danger.
14. Smoking can decrease an erection’s length as much as a centimeter.
Good blood flow = good erections.
15. And having regular sex can prevent erectile dysfunction.
A study conducted in 2008 found men who had sex at least once week were less likely to have erection problems than those who had sex less than once a week.
So basically, KEEP UP THOSE BONERS